Welcome to Kidz Therapy Ltd - A multi-disciplinary practice
Kidz Therapy is a private practice of Educational and Clinical Psychologists and also specialising in Speech and Language Therapy, and Occupational Therapy. Our caring team of child therapy professionals are here to assist children and families. Centrally based between Kingsland and Mt Albert Auckland and handy to the motorways, we specialise in a multi-disciplinary approach from babes up to 21 years of age.
Our child psychologists, work closely with the family, the child and, if required, the school and outside agencies. We assess your child’s potential and strengths and at the same time provide practical proven evidence-based assistance for any challenges the child and family may be facing.
What do we do ?
- We can offer cognitive assessments (from three years to adults) and an extensive range of educational assessments including giftedness, Special Assessment Conditions e.g. Reader/Writer, general learning difficulties, dyslexia, dyscalculia (mathematics), ADD (Attention deficit disorder), ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), Adaptive Assessments and more
- Therapy for behaviour difficulties, anxiety disorders, social and emotional difficulties
- Therapy and interventions for children and families coping with a range of chronic health conditions e.g. cancer, diabetes, traumatic brain injuries and genetic disorders
- Practical parenting assistance for all families, including those with special needs children in their home and school environments
- Speech-language, Occupational therapy assessments and follow up sessions
- Liaison with other agencies including schools and government agencies and private companies
- Specialised one on one private tuition for students Years 0-10 particularly for literacy and mathematics
- School and Professional Development workshops
- Supervision for Resource Teachers of Learning and Behaviour (RTLBs), RT Lits and others
Who can refer ?
Referrals can be made from many sources
Parents or caregivers
- Primary, secondary schools and early childhood centres including kindergartens, daycares, etc
- Resource Teachers of Learning and Behaviour (RTLBs)
- Resource Teachers of Literacy (RT Lits)
- Other support agencies e.g. CYF's, Special Services, lawyers
- Other therapists including physiotherapists, counsellors etc
- Medical and related professions e.g. General Practitioners, Paediatricians, Optometrists, Audiologists.