Speech Language Therapist
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced (three years of more) Speech Language Therapist to join our well-established team on a contract basis. We offer services from young children through to late teens. The position is currently one to two days per week and we are flexible as to how this can be managed to ensure a great work/life balance.
About the role:
We seek a dynamic, dedicated and registered practitioner who can work collaboratively in our team, yet also demonstrate independence. The right candidate will show the qualities of responsive communication skills, flexibility, reliability, honesty, integrity and empathy.
The referrals are varied, but most often relate to mild-moderate issues. You will be able to liaise with parents, schools, work collaboratively with other agencies and professionals if need be. Some travel to schools is likely to be necessary.
The successful candidate will be able to provide evidence-based assessments for children and young people, 3 years and up; make sound judgments based on the assessments; and provide high-quality therapy for children, young people and their families.
We seek someone who can:
Your skillset should include sound knowledge and delivery of therapy for:
- First words
- Communication delays
- Speech sound disorders – articulation and phonology
- Literacy development (reading, spelling, writing)
- Expressive and Receptive Language delays
- APD: Auditory Processing Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- NZSTA approved qualification to practice Speech and Language therapy and eligibility for NZSTA membership
- Ability to translate professional knowledge into practical information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with tamariki, families, schools and Kidz Therapy team members
- Full clean driver’s license
Does this sound like you?
IIf you are interested in discussing/exploring this exciting role further, we would love to hear from you, or alternatively please send your C.V. by way of an application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (09) 849 4232.
We look forward to hearing from you.